CONFINED SPACE AWARENESS
All Workers that are involved with Confined Spaces must have training. This course will cover the aspects required to conduct confined space entries while following the Ontario ministry of Labour O. Reg 632/05 Confined Spaces Regulations. This course should be attended by supervisors/entry permit issuers, attendants, entrants and rescuers.
Course Content Overview:
- Recognition of Confined Spaces and discuss the specific confined spaces at your location
- Legislation Overview: The current laws that apply to confined spaces.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of Supervisors. Attendants, Entrants and Rescuers.
- Understand the requirements of on-site rescue for confined space emergencies.
- Review of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) required.
- Entry Equipment & Respirator selection, care and maintenance.
- Ventilation and Air monitoring methods
- Hazard Control measures and assessments
- Ensure safeguards are in place to protect entrants and rescuers (e.g. LOTO, Fall Arrest
Course materials to go along with the Presentation that the instructor presents includes an overview copy of the current regulations and guideline. These will be provided to each attendee. A competency test will also be conducted and upon successful completion , a certificate of attendance will be issued.